Monday

Look After Our Earth

Primary 5 have been learning a song about how pollution has damaged our Earth.
Please look after our World.

Listen to our song.

The captain of the rocket ship said, "Come over here
I’ve got a little job for you there’s nothing to fear.
I want you out in space, please do it for me,
And come back in and tell me what you see, what you see, what you see, what you see".

I started to put on my suit, I pulled up the zip
To tell the truth I didn’t want to jump from that ship.
I swung a cylinder of air behind like a sack
I jumped out into outer space without looking back, looking back, looking back.

The first thing there below me was my own spinning world,
Surrounded by polluted smoke that billowed and curled.
And I could see the blackened place where the forests had been.
I cried out, "This is dreadful! Tell me what does it mean, does it mean, does it mean".

The captain of rocket said, “for what it is worth,
I think you may have learnt a lot concerning your Earth.
You simply can’t go on this way just year after year.
Now let’s go back and shout our message out loud and clear, loud and clear, loud and clear".
Hey wake up!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

this song is very good because you wrote it yourselves and you recored it while singing it . well done.


Felix 18/4/07

Anonymous said...

The Song is good

Unknown said...

Did you really write it yourself as i sung it at school when i was 8 and i am now 20.
I dont think it includes all the words as i remember more but i have been looking for this song in full for some years so could you give me more information on it such as the name of the song and the artist or writer!Anything would be good! I love your verson of it. many thanks!
John Scott

Anonymous said...

No, we didn't write it, It came from our school music scheme. The words on the blog are all the words we have, sorry.

Unknown said...

Thanks so much! I loved your song when i listened to it. If you ever find out more about it such as the writer or artist or where i could find it do let me know! do you know the name of the song that would be a help. many thanks for replying. Take care and good luck with your future work.

Woodhill Primary School said...

John
The song is called Space Walk. It was written by Sheena Power and it is in the music scheme 'Sounds of Music'.
Hope that helps.